Course Code: CHC43015
CRICOS Code: 097489A
Advance your career in the aged care industry. Graduates will obtain the skills and knowledge to support either their employment entry into a relevant aged care industry role or to develop their current workplace skills and knowledge for existing employment.
Graduates from the course will be qualified to work as a:
- Assistant in Nursing
- Team leader in aged care, home care and disability care facilities
We are proud to announce that the CHC43015 Certificate IV in Ageing Support course is fully approved and nationally accredited for international students. Please visit International Students page for more information.
We understand that navigating the journey of studying abroad can be challenging. That's why we encourage you to inquire through your preferred agent, or one of our authorised agent representatives. Our authorised agent representatives can guide you through the application process and can assist you with obtaining the Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE). Please note that as the education institution, Charter Australia is unable to assist with the student visa application to Australia.
To speak with an agent, please fill in Contact Us form, and a member of our team will reach out to introduce you to an authorised agent representative.
Charter Australia adopts a rolling enrolment model. Domestic students have the flexibility to enrol in any week when a new unit of competency commences. International students, on the other hand, are able to enrol at the start of each school term. Please refer to the Term Dates for further information.
|Class||Schedule||Location||Domestic Students||International Students|
There are no prerequisites or corequisites that are applicable to the units of competency selected within this course. For Charter Australia’s minimum entry requirements, please visit Entry Requirements page.
- a minimum of Year 10 level of literacy and numeracy skills, or
- A lower-level VET course
- IELTS 5.5, or an equivalent score in other language proficiency tests.
- A minimum IELTS score of 4.5 needs to be paired with the completion of a 10-week English for Healthcare and Nursing course.
- Applicants must be 18 years of age or above for courses that require work placement.
- 15 years of age or above for English language course(s).
Please visit Entry Requirements page for more detailed information.
Core Units & Elective Units
15 Core Units
- CHCADV001 Facilitate the interests and rights of clients
- CHCAGE001 Facilitate the empowerment of older people
- CHCAGE003 Coordinate services for older people
- CHCAGE004 Implement interventions with older people at risk
- CHCAGE005 Provide support to people living with dementia
- CHCCCS006 Facilitate individual service planning and delivery
- CHCCCS011 Meet personal support needs
- CHCCCS023 Support independence and wellbeing
- CHCCCS025 Support relationships with carers and families
- CHCDIV001 Work with diverse people
- CHCLEG003 Manage legal and ethical compliance
- CHCPAL001 Deliver care services using a palliative approach
- CHCPRP001 Develop and maintain networks and collaborative partnerships
- HLTAAP001 Recognise healthy body systems
- HLTWHS002 Follow safe work practices for direct client care
3 Elective Units
- HLTINF006 Apply basic principles and practices of infection prevention and control
- HLTAID011 Provide First Aid
- HLTHPS006 Assist client with medication (or HLTHPS007 Administer and monitor medications)
- 4.5 months class delivery, 9 months enrolment.
- Blended learning mode combining classroom sessions, self-paced study, work placement.
- Classes will be delivered two days per week during 4.5 months period continuously followed with 4 weeks work placement.
- No school breaks are in this delivery mode. Students have maximum 9 months to complete their study.
- Rolling enrolment, students can commence the course at any time.
Students with CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support qualification will get advanced standing and are able to complete the course with reduced duration. Please apply through CHC43015 Certificate IV in Ageing Support (with Credit Transfer).
Assessment for the CHC43015 Certificate IV in Ageing Support include:
- Written Task
- Work placement assessments
Fees & Government Subsidies
Go to Student Fees.
NSW Government Smart & Skilled funding may be available to eligible domestic students. Please go to the Smart & Skilled webpage for more information.
Pathways to Further Studies
CHC43015 Certificate IV in Ageing Support provides pathways to the following qualifications with the possibility of receiving credits.
- CHC43415 Certificate IV in Leisure and Health
- CHC52015 Diploma of Community Services
- HLT54115 Diploma of Nursing