Course Code: CHC43015
CRICOS Code: 097489A
This course is designed for people who have completed CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support, therefore the students will be able to apply for credit transfer for a number of common units required by both CHC43015 Certificate IV in Ageing Support and CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support.
Graduates will obtain the skills and knowledge to support either their employment entry into a relevant aged care industry role or to develop their current workplace skills and knowledge for existing employment.
Graduates from the course will be qualified to work as a:
- Assistant in Nursing
- Team leader in aged care, home care and disability care facilities
We are proud to announce that the CHC43015 Certificate IV in Ageing Support course is fully approved and nationally accredited for international students. Please visit International Students page for more information.
We understand that navigating the journey of studying abroad can be challenging. That's why we encourage you to inquire through your preferred agent, or one of our authorised agent representatives. Our authorised agent representatives can guide you through the application process and can assist you with obtaining the Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE). Please note that as the education institution, Charter Australia is unable to assist with the student visa application to Australia.
To speak with an agent, please fill in Contact Us form, and a member of our team will reach out to introduce you to an authorised agent representative.
Charter Australia adopts a rolling enrolment model. Domestic students have the flexibility to enrol in any week when a new unit of competency commences. International students, on the other hand, are able to enrol at the start of each school term. Please refer to the Term Dates for further information.
|Class||Schedule||Location||Domestic Students||International Students|
Student must have achieved the qualification of CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support or the same level of qualification in the community services training package.
- a minimum of Year 10 level of literacy and numeracy skills, or
- A lower-level VET course
- IELTS 5.5, or an equivalent score in other language proficiency tests.
- A minimum IELTS score of 4.5 needs to be paired with the completion of a 10-week English for Healthcare and Nursing course.
- Applicants must be 18 years of age or above for courses that require work placement.
- 15 years of age or above for English language course(s).
Please visit Entry Requirements page for more detailed information.
Core Units & Elective Units
- CHCLEG003 Manage legal and ethical compliance (Core)
- CHCCCS006 Facilitate individual service planning and delivery (Core)
- CHCPRP001 Develop and maintain networks and collaborative partnerships (Core)
- CHCADV001 Facilitate the interests and rights of clients (Core)
- CHCAGE004 Implement interventions with older people at risk (Core)
- CHCAGE003 Coordinate services for older people (Core)
- CHCPAL001 Deliver care services using a palliative approach (Core)
- HLTHPS007 Administer and monitor medications (Elective)
- HLTAID011 Provide First Aid (Elective)
Out of 18 required units for the qualification, this course program only delivers the above listed 8 unit of competencies. Students are expected to have achieved the other 10 unit of competency through their previous studies.
All students are offered options for undertaking any of the 10 units through Charter Australia’s CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support training programs if required. Additional fees will be applicable.
8 units not included in the program:
- CHCAGE001 Facilitate the empowerment of older people (Core)
- CHCAGE005 Provide support to people living with dementia (Core)
- CHCCCS011 Meet personal support needs (Core)
- CHCCCS023 Support independence and wellbeing (Core)
- CHCCCS025 Support relationships with carers and families (Core)
- CHCDIV001 Work with diverse people (Core)
- HLTAAP001 Recognise healthy body systems (Core)
- HLTWHS002 Follow safe work practices for direct client care (Core)
- HLTINF006 Apply basic principles and practices of infection prevention and control (Elective)
Delivery period: 22 weeks
Charter Australia sets a minimum requirement of 40 hours of total supervised work placement. This allows sufficient time for the student to demonstrate their skills in the real workplace and be assessed on the practical components of the units of competency. Students may undertake additional work placement hours if they wish to, subject to approval from Charter Australia and the host organisation.
- Written Task
- Work Placement Assessments
Fees & Government Subsidies
Go to Student Fees.
NSW Government Smart & Skilled funding may be available to eligible domestic students. Please go to the Smart & Skilled webpage for more information.
Pathways to Further Studies
CHC43015 Certificate IV in Ageing Support provides pathways to the following qualifications with the possibility of receiving credits.
- CHC43415 Certificate IV in Leisure and Health
- CHC52015 Diploma of Community Services
- HLT54115 Diploma of Nursing