This foundation skills course will help you to increase your confidence in studying your vocational training course.
By studying this course, you will:
- Learn vocabulary, do research and develop industry knowledge.
- Practise reading workplace texts.
- Practise writing and using digital technology.
After you have successfully completed the Foundation Skills - Prepare for Vocational Training course, you will be able to confidently continue your study with Certificate III in Individual Support with Charter Australia.
We are proud to announce that the Foundation Skills – Prepare for Vocational Training course is fully approved and nationally accredited for international students. Please visit International Students page for more information.
We understand that navigating the journey of studying abroad can be challenging. That's why we encourage you to inquire through your preferred agent, or one of our authorised agent representatives. Our authorised agent representatives can guide you through the application process and can assist you with obtaining the Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE). Please note that as the education institution, Charter Australia is unable to assist with the student visa application to Australia.
To speak with an agent, please fill in Contact Us form, and a member of our team will reach out to introduce you to an authorised agent representative.
Nationally recognised Statement of Attainment for the skill set of Foundation Skills - Prepare for Vocational Training.
1. Achieve the nationally recognised Statement of Attainment in Foundation Skills – Prepare for Vocational Training that contains the following units of competency:
• FSKLRG008 Use simple strategies for work-related learning
• FSKDIG002 Use digital technology for routine and simple workplace tasks
• FSKWTG005 Write simple workplace formatted texts
• FSKRDG007 Read and respond to simple workplace information
2. Become more confident in your language and technical skills. This will benefit your vocational study and your future employment prospects.
3. Be able to study Certificate III in Individual Support qualification and secure immediate employment in the healthcare sector.
- a minimum of Year 10 level of literacy and numeracy skills, or
- A lower-level VET course
- IELTS 5.5, or an equivalent score in other language proficiency tests.
- A minimum IELTS score of 4.5 needs to be paired with the completion of a 10-week English for Healthcare and Nursing course.
- Applicants must be 18 years of age or above for courses that require work placement.
- 15 years of age or above for English language course(s).
Please visit Entry Requirements page for more detailed information.
Mixed with online and face-to-face classes, the course is conducted for one day per week over a two-week period. Please refer to the "Classes" section on this page for the available class commencement dates.
- Written Task
- Practical Demonstration
Fees & Government Subsidies
The course is fully subsidised by the NSW Government with no tuition fees payable by eligible students. To find out if you are eligible for government subsidies, please visit Are you eligible for subsidised training? page.
For students who are not eligible for government subsidies, the fee for this course will be $250.