This foundation skills course will help you to increase your confidence in studying your vocational training course.
By studying this course, you will:
- Learn vocabulary, do research and develop industry knowledge.
- Practise reading workplace texts.
- Practise writing and using digital technology.
After you have successfully completed the Foundation Skills - Prepare for Vocational Training course, you will be able to confidently continue your study with Certificate III in Individual Support with Charter Australia.
Nationally recognised Statement of Attainment for the skill set of Foundation Skills - Prepare for Vocational Training.
1. Achieve the nationally recognised Statement of Attainment in Foundation Skills – Prepare for Vocational Training that contains the following units of competency:
• FSKLRG008 Use simple strategies for work-related learning
• FSKDIG002 Use digital technology for routine and simple workplace tasks
• FSKWTG005 Write simple workplace formatted texts
• FSKRDG007 Read and respond to simple workplace information
2. Become more confident in your language and technical skills. This will benefit your vocational study and your future employment prospects.
3. Be able to study Certificate III in Individual Support qualification and secure immediate employment in the healthcare sector.
There are no prerequisites or corequisites that are applicable to the units of competency selected within this course. For general Charter Australia’s entry requirements, please visit Entry Requirements page.
Mixed with online and face-to-face classes, the course is conducted for one day per week over a two-week period. Please refer to the "Classes" section on this page for the available class commencement dates.
- Written Task
- Practical Demonstration
Fees & Government Subsidies
The course is fully subsidised by the NSW Government with no tuition fees payable by eligible students. To find out if you are eligible for government subsidies, please visit Are you eligible for subsidised training? page.
For students who are not eligible for government subsidies, the fee for this course will be $250.