Smart and Skilled is the central NSW Government program for vocational education and training (VET) and is also the vehicle for delivering NSW Fee Free. As a domestic student, you might be eligible for FEE-FREE training under the NSW Fee Free initiative. Please go to the NSW Fee Free initiative page for more information.
Qualifications Approved under Smart and Skilled
Charter Australia has been approved to offer the following qualifications under the Smart and Skilled program. These qualifications are available for delivery in the Sydney region:
- CHC33021 Certificate III in Individual Support
- HLT33115 Certificate III in Health Services
- CHC43015 Certificate IV in Ageing Support
- CHC43415 Certificate IV in Leisure and Health
- CHC52021 Diploma of Community Services
Must meet all following four conditions:
- 15 years old or over.
- No longer at school.
- Living or working in NSW.
- An Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident, humanitarian visa holder or New Zealand citizen.
To check if you are eligible to enrol in a course you can use the Eligibility Checker here.
Fee exemptions are available to eligible students who:
- are Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander (through descent, self-identification or community identification)
- meet the Smart and Skilled disability criteria (proof of a disability support pension or documentary evidence from an appropriate medical professional is required)
- are the dependents of disability support pension recipients.