If you are holding a valid working holiday visa, you are eligible to participate in this program.
If you are not sure, please contact us with your visa category and Charter Australia's enrolment team will advise you accordingly.
On this page:
Fees for SWP Students
Aged Care Stream (SWP-A)
English for Healthcare and Nursing + Certificate III in Individual Support
Hospital Stream (SWP-A)
English for Healthcare and Nursing + Certificate III in Health Services Assistance
Aged Care Stream (SWP-B)
Certificate III in Individual Support
Hospital Stream (SWP-B)
Certificate III in Health Services Assistance
Fees Protection Clause
According to Standard for RTOs 2015, Clause 7.3—Protecting pre-paid fees by students, Charter Australia will not charge in advance more than $1500 including enrolment fees, tuition fees, materials fees and any other fee component that is a mandatory payment for the course. Course fees will be invoiced for a maximum of $1500 in advance.
Refund Procedures for SWP Students
Withdrawal 14 days or more before course or workshop commencement
- The student receives a full refund of tuition fees.
- Notification for withdrawal or deferral must be received 14 days before course commencement by completing and returning the Application for Withdrawal or Application for Deferral forms to Charter Australia’s Head Office.
- An Application for Refund form is also required. If a student doesn’t complete the Application for Refund, the refund will be held on their account as credit towards a future enrolment.
Withdrawal less than 14 days before course or workshop commencement
There is no refund if a withdrawal is received less than 14 days before commencement.
There is no refund if a student fails to attend a course or workshop without prior notice.
A student’s tuition fees will be refunded in part or in total as the resolution of a formal complaint or grievance under the Student Complaint Policy. Students must complete a Formal Complaint form and provide relevant documentary evidence. Please contact Charter Australia head office before completing the complaint form.
General Refund Policies
- Refunds will be repaid to the person who originally paid the fees, including employers or third parties.
- Refunds will be made within 10 working days from the date of request or the date of clearance of the original payment, whichever is the later.
- Administration will record the refunds in the Student Records Management System.
- The Finance Manager (or delegated nominee) will follow up unclaimed refunds within two weeks.
Provider default: SWP students
In the event that Charter Australia cancels a SWP student’s enrolment due to provider default, students will be notified in writing and will be given the option to:
- transfer their enrolment to another course within Charter Australia or to another study period; or
- be offered a place in a similar course of study leading to a comparable qualification with another nominated institution, with: (1) full credit for the subjects successfully completed at Charter Australia; and (2) without any requirement to pay the new provider fees for replacement subjects (that is, subjects that the student has commenced but not completed because the subject ceased to be offered); or
- request a refund of prepaid tuition fees for those subject(s) not yet completed and/or commenced;
- requests for refunds of tuition fees will be processed within 10 working days of receiving the request unless a request to transfer enrolment to another course or study period is received from the student in writing during this period.
Refund Request Form
Click on the link to download a Refund Request Form.