Gain paid employment in the aged care sector while you’re studying for your nationally-recognised qualification, with an aged care traineeship through Charter Australia.
How traineeships work?
By undertaking paid employment while you study, a traineeship lets you earn a wage and develop workplace skills at the same time as completing your training.
- last for 1-2 years
- are available across a wide range of sectors
- may be undertaken part-time or full-time
Our traineeship courses are self-paced on the job training, which means you have the option to complete your course early, subject to agreement from your employer and/or Training Services NSW.
Most employers are happy for trainee workers to complete their qualification early and start their employment as a qualified aged care worker.
Benefits For Employers
From finding staff to up-skilling your team and boosting productivity, traineeships offer a wide range of benefits to employers.
Offering a traineeship program through Charter Australia will allow you to:
- Attract, recruit and retain staff
- Customise training to suit your clients
- Make a positive impact in your community
- Increase employee engagement
- Benefit from the support of experienced trainers from Charter Australia
What’s more, employers who take part in a traineeship program may be eligible for up to $4,000 in NSW Government incentives per trainee.
Traineeship funding: Skilling for Recovery
Skilling for Recovery is a key component of NSW’s COVID-19 Recovery Plan. This initiative includes 100,000 fee-free training places to reskill, retrain and redeploy the workforce to industries where there are skills shortages and emerging employment opportunities.
Traineeship qualifications for new entrants in aged care are now 100% subsidised under the Smart and Skilled program (please note, training for existing-worker trainees is not subsidised).
To be eligible for approval as a new entrant trainee, you’ll need to have been employed by your traineeship employer for:
- less than 3 months as a full-time, full-time equivalent part-time/casual, or a combination of these prior to the commencement of the traineeship;
- less than 12 months as a part-time or part-time equivalent casual employee prior to the commencement of the traineeship;
- less than 12 months in a combination of part-time, casual and full-time (or equivalent) employment prior to the commencement of the traineeship.
What’s involved in a traineeship?
A traineeship allows you to learn skills while you earn a wage, making it a fantastic way to gain employment and experience in your chosen sector before you’ve completed your nationally-recognised qualification.
Traineeships include the following:
- Employment in a paid position
- An agreement between yourself, an Apprenticeship Network Provider and a registered training organisation like Charter Australia
- Professional and structured on-the-job training
- A training program provided by a registered training organisation like Charter Australia
- A nationally-recognised qualification at the completion of your traineeship
Eligible for a traineeship?
Traineeships are available to anyone of legal working age. You do not need to hold a Higher School Certificate (HSC) or other qualification.
Trainees may be:
- currently completing a qualification as part of their schooling
- a school-leaver
- an adult worker who is re-entering the workforce
What traineeship qualifications can I undertake?
We offer traineeship qualifications in the following courses:
- CHC33021 Certificate III in Individual Support
- HLT33115 Certificate III in Health Services Assistance
- CHC43015 Certificate IV in Ageing Support
- CHC43415 Certificate IV in Leisure and Health
- CHC52021Diploma of Community Services
How do I get started with a traineeship?
For people interested in working in the aged care sector, Charter Australia has partnered with a range of employers in this industry who support traineeship initiatives.
You can check out our current list of traineeship jobs via Charter Australia's Careers Job Board.
To find out more about undertaking a traineeship with Charter Australia, please call us on 02 9955 5881.